Fundraising and Contact Information
- Riley Poor‘s NTAF Midwest/West Spinal Cord Injury Fund
Riley Poor suffered a severe spinal cord injury on January 10th, 2009 and is currently rehabilitating at the Craig Hospital in Denver, CO. Throughout his ordeal, Riley has been very accepting of his injury and is aware that his recovery leaves a long road ahead. His discharge date from Craig is currently set for May 7th, but by no means will that date mark the end of his rehabilitation process.
Riley’s family and friends are raising funds to cover both uninsured medical expenses that he has already incurred as well as for future rehabilitation costs. Suffice to say, spinal cord injuries spur a major change in lifestyle, and Riley will probably need expensive vehicle and home modifications, as living in a wheel chair presents a whole new set of challenges.
Riley has chosen to fundraise with the NTAF Catastrophic Injury Fund in part because the NTAF provides both tax-deductibility and fiscal accountability to his contributors. Contributors can be sure that funds donated will be used only to pay or reimburse medically-related expenses, and will be incredibly appreciated by Riley and his family.
- To make a contribution to Riley’s fundraising campaign through the NTAF website, CLICK HERE.
- To download the NTAF Tribute Sheet and submit a donation via snail mail, CLICK HERE.
- To email this page directly to others in your community, who might wish to learn about Riley’s campaign, you can copy/paste this link:
- For more fundraising information, please contact:
- Letters and other correspondence can be sent to:
P.O. Box 4105
Boulder, CO 80306
- More information and updates can be found at:
Riley’s Poor’s Recovery Blog: www.rileypoor.com
Riley Poor’s Support Group on Facebook
Craig Hospital: www.craighospital.org
- Online Store:
Also be sure to check out the online store devoted to Riley’s recovery, where an assortment of great gear from the action sports world will be sold and auctioned to benefit Riley. Be on the lookout for autographed skis from Simon Dumont, skateboard decks from Tony Hawk, and much more in the weeks and months to come:
- About Riley: